DENTAL INSURANCE INFORMATION FOR OUR PATIENTS
Understanding your insurance coverage can be quite challenging. Our goal is to assist you in maximizing your benefits. We care for patients from many different insurance carriers. Each employer pays an insurance premium for specific coverage in accordance with the company budget. Each plan is slightly different in its covered services. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH YOUR POLICY EXCLUSIONS, DEDUCTIBLES AND REQUIRED CO-PAYMENTS.
OUR COURTESY SERVICE TO YOU INCLUDES:
1. Researching your dental insurance plan to advise you of benefits available to you.
2. Filing your insurance within 24 hours of your visit and requesting payment of your benefit to our office.
3. Re-filing your insurance a second time within 30 days, if necessary.
4. If we are not in network with your insurance company, we still fill out the forms for reimbursement.
Your maximum benefits may be less, SINCE WE ARE NOT IN NETWORK.
5. If you would like to know what your expected insurance coverage will be, we will be glad to submit
a pre-treatment estimate for extensive cases. Example:(Crowns, Bridges, Implants and Dentures)
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU AS THE OWNER OF THE POLICY:
1. Understanding that the insurance policy belongs to you and we have no leverage to obtain payment
from your insurance company.
2. Realize that dental insurance policies restrict payment for some services, use restricted fee schedules
(CALLED USUAL AND CUSTOMARY RATES) and exclude some procedures based on the premium paid
for insurance, NOT OUR FEES, or RECOMMENDED TREATMENT.
3. On the day of your office visit, you are responsible for your DEDUCTIBLE, and a CO-PAY
and any COSMETIC DIFFERENCES that we estimate your insurance will not cover. We can make no
guarantee of any estimate coverage, but we will do our best to see that you receive your maximum
benefits. Any balance remaining after the insurance payment is your responsibility .
4. If the insurance company does not pay within 60 days after the service, you are responsible for the
remaining balance. Your reimbursement can then be obtained by you from your insurance company.
5. Keep our office informed of any changes in your insurance coverage.
Sam Tanoglu, DMD
101 Pleasant Street - Suite 208
Worcester, MA 01609